Terms of Service
TimeBanks USA Terms of Service
TimeBanking is designed to encourage connections between community members on the basis that everyone has something to give and everyone has needs. TimeBank members commit to "give and receive" using Time Credits earned and spent. The "golden rule" of TimeBanking is this: An hour of my time is equal to an hour of your time. One hour of service given earns one time credit. For one hour of service received, pay one time credit.
A commitment to the core values helps people to get into the spirit of TimeBanking and helps keep that spirit alive.
- Assets: Everyone has something to offer;
- Redefining Work: Building home, family and community is valued work;
- Reciprocity: Encouraging givers to receive – and receivers to give – builds trust and resiliency and sharing;
- Community: We are stronger together;
- Respect: Respect is the root of equality.
I understand that the function of The Hutt Timebank is to facilitate the exchange of services within the community in the spirit of the core values of TimeBanking. It is my responsibility to use the same caution I would in other circumstances to get to know a person, make reference checks, and use my instincts before engaging with another TimeBank participant - especially for babysitting, elder care, and driving.
I understand that any agreements shall be made solely by and between parties involved in this transaction. TimeBanks USA and The Hutt Timebank will not be held responsible and will not assume any liability for claims, damages, or any other consequences which may arise from this arrangement.
I understand that TimeBanks USA and The Hutt Timebank shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by information contained on this web site or any other TimeBank resources. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless all parties who facilitate or participate in TimeBank exchanges.
I agree that this site is not to be used for buying and selling and trading in illegal goods and services.
This site provides information that may reveal aspects of members’ lives that they wish to keep private. For that reason, I pledge not to reveal any of the contents of this site that are associated with any members’ personal information.
I understand that I will receive messages from other members of my TimeBank through this web site. Notification of such messages will be sent to the email address I have registered with. I also understand that I will receive newsletters, broadcasts and alerts for my TimeBank from my Coordinator(s) through this web site.
I have read these guidelines and agreements and I agree to abide by these core values, rules, and guidelines provided by TimeBanks USA and The Hutt Timebank for proper and courteous behavior. I pledge to proceed with good intent towards being of service to others in my community and treat others in the TimeBank with respect and kindness.
Our Code of Conduct
All members agree to:
* Understand that trades where goods or money such as petrol, materials, ingredients or the like need to be paid for by the person receiving and should be agreed to before the trade.
* Members should not put their safety or the safety of others at risk by their actions during trading.
* Respect all other members’ privacy and/or confidentiality.
* Respect other members’ viewpoints and not pressure another participant to accept differing religious beliefs or political views.
* Not involve friends or relatives in Timebanking by bringing them to a member’s home or venue of exchange, without prior discussion with the member with whom you are trading.
* Not solicit or accept money, gifts or gratuities from other participants.
* Refrain from consuming a member’s food or drink unless invited to do so.
* A no smoking policy when trading in members’ homes or at the venue of exchange.
* Traders should not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs during a trade.
* Not use any possessions of the member trader, including the telephone, unless given clear permission to do so.
* Always treat fellow participants with compassion and respect.