Terms of Service
TimeBanks USA Terms of Service
TimeBanking is designed to encourage connections between community members on the basis that everyone has something to give and everyone has needs. TimeBank members commit to "give and receive" using Time Credits earned and spent. The "golden rule" of TimeBanking is this: An hour of my time is equal to an hour of your time. One hour of service given earns one time credit. For one hour of service received, pay one time credit.
A commitment to the core values helps people to get into the spirit of TimeBanking and helps keep that spirit alive.
- Assets: Everyone has something to offer;
- Redefining Work: Building home, family and community is valued work;
- Reciprocity: Encouraging givers to receive – and receivers to give – builds trust and resiliency and sharing;
- Community: We are stronger together;
- Respect: Respect is the root of equality.
I understand that the function of Hutt Timebank is to facilitate the exchange of services within the community in the spirit of the core values of TimeBanking. It is my responsibility to use the same caution I would in other circumstances to get to know a person, make reference checks, and use my instincts before engaging with another TimeBank participant - especially for babysitting, elder care, and driving.
I understand that any agreements shall be made solely by and between parties involved in this transaction. TimeBanks USA and Hutt Timebank will not be held responsible and will not assume any liability for claims, damages, or any other consequences which may arise from this arrangement.
I understand that TimeBanks USA and Hutt Timebank shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by information contained on this web site or any other TimeBank resources. I agree to indemnify and hold harmless all parties who facilitate or participate in TimeBank exchanges.
I agree that this site is not to be used for buying and selling and trading in illegal goods and services.
This site provides information that may reveal aspects of members’ lives that they wish to keep private. For that reason, I pledge not to reveal any of the contents of this site that are associated with any members’ personal information.
I understand that I will receive messages from other members of my TimeBank through this web site. Notification of such messages will be sent to the email address I have registered with. I also understand that I will receive newsletters, broadcasts and alerts for my TimeBank from my Coordinator(s) through this web site.
I have read these guidelines and agreements and I agree to abide by these core values, rules, and guidelines provided by TimeBanks USA and Hutt Timebank for proper and courteous behavior. I pledge to proceed with good intent towards being of service to others in my community and treat others in the TimeBank with respect and kindness.
Our Code of Conduct
As a member of the Hutt Timebank I will:
- Agree that my trades/activities will always uphold the principles of the Timebank
- Respect other members at all times including their privacy, lifestyle choices and beliefs.
- Respect other members' property and possessions.
- When trading, be clear about the tasks, who will be involved, and agree on costs for materials, ingredients etc before the trade takes place.
- Ensure everyone is safe and risks are identified before carrying out the trade.
- Not hold the Hutt Timebank responsible, or make any claim against Hutt Timebank, for any loss or damage to property or possessions.
The Hutt Timebank Coordinator will:
- Sometimes use photos from trades, events etc for publicity, and will ask permission before doing so.
Members have the right to ask for their image/identifying information not to be published.
- Have access to members accounts, and reserves the right to monitor members if there is cause for concern, and take appropriate action
- Do their utmost to vet all members, however, safety is the responsibility of individual members.